Health and Safety Statements
Starlight Academy of Dance and Performing Arts takes seriously their responsibility to ensure the safety of their students.
1. All parents must complete a Registration Form when joining us, with clear information regarding emergency contacts and any relevant medical history.
2. A copy of primary and emergency contact numbers will be kept on class registers.
3. It is the parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to notify us of any changes to their emergency contact details.
4. In case of a fire emergency, all teachers have a clear understanding of procedures to follow.
5. We will undertake regular assessment of risks regarding our premises and any concerns will be raised with Clare Bennett.
6. It is our responsibility to keep a fully equipped first aid box within the building. In case of an incident, an accident report must be completed and a copy given to parent/guardian on collection.
7. There will always be a first aider available.
8. If required we will contact the emergency services first, then the parent/guardian of the student(s) involved, using the telephone number on the class registers.
9. Parents understand that dance is an active sport and injuries can happen and we accept no responsibility for injuries sustained via any means other than a teacher’s negligence.
10. Students will be supervised during class time only and parents/guardians must ensure the safety of their children in the car park, waiting, changing and toilet areas.
11. We accept no responsibility for children and young adults using the grounds around the building.
12. Students or parents/guardians should inform the teacher of any special health considerations or existing injuries before participating in class.
13. Shoes must be worn when using the toilet facilities.
14. Students should not wear any jewellery that may pose a risk to themselves or others (stud earrings and jewellery worn for religious or cultural reasons are acceptable).
15. No food (or chewing gum) is allowed in the studio. Water is permitted in bottles with a secure cap.
You can contact us during lesson times on 07825619699.
If you wish to contact us outside of lesson times, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review May 2019